From Palo Alto Wiki
Laura Wilson (b. circa 1967 in Houston, Texas) is the sixth Chief of Police of Stanford University. Technically, her title is the Director of the Department of Public Safety (DPS).
Wilson earned a B.S. in Human Biology in 1991 from Stanford.
 Career in law enforcement
In 1992, Wilson joined the Department of Public Safety as a deputy sheriff. She was named Director in June 2002. Wilson is concerned about student alcohol consumption. She did other stuff in 2006. She did other stuff in 2008. In January 2009, she applied for a position of the same title at University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, but that University opted for Ken Magee instead. She did other stuff in 2009. She has previously characterized Full Moon on the Quad as a "group grope-a-thon". It has since been canceled, perhaps permanently. In December 2009, she welcomed new Palo Alto's Chief of Police Dennis Burns to his position.
- ↑ Alumna Named Police Chief 2002-07-01
- ↑ Alumna finds career on campus by Lisa Trei, 1998-01-14
- ↑ The Interaction Point May 16, 2003
- ↑ What you don't know about: The Chief of Police 2003-07-01
- ↑ Organizers focus on safety at this year’s Full Moon 2003-10-14
- ↑ Binge: what your college student won't tell you : campus life in an age of disconnection and excess, 2005, ISBN 0471491195 , p. 118
- ↑ Senate discusses Big Game security by Jenny Baer, November 16, 2005
- ↑ College Freshmen: Most Susceptible to Binge Drinking by Courtney Weaver, January 28, 2005
- ↑ The Secret Service Only Knocks Once: Are dorm rooms private, or fair game for law enforcement? 2006-05-08
- ↑ IACLEA: International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators Wilson is the Mountain Pacific regional director of the IACLEA. See p.25 of their 2006 newsletter for a profile
- ↑ The Stanford Report: Police present 2008 Stanford Safety and Security Report by Michael Pena, 2008-09-30
- ↑ Magee's journey comes full circle by Trevor Calero, 2009-01-21
- ↑ ‘What Matters’ talk by police chief a tale of many firsts by Emmanuel Romero, Stanford Report, April 29, 2009
- ↑ Sexual Opinion: Assault at Stanford May Not Be What It Seems by Alex Katz, November 20, 2009, Volume XLIII, Issue 5
- ↑ Police Chief Laura Wilson discusses Stanford campus security Stanford Parent's Newsletter, Winter 2008
- ↑ H1N1 flu concerns spur Stanford officials to cancel Full Moon on the Quad 2009-09-23
- ↑ Around Town: Hail to the Chief December 4, 2009
 External links
- Tagged articles at Stanford Daily
- On being the Stanford Chief of Police May 27, 2003, Video link, Lib link
- LI entry
- Contact form via the CCUPCA: California College and University Police Chief Association, Spring Training conference planned for April 2010. Photos of the 2009 session are available.
- Spoke entry
- Advisory Board: Community: Stanford Women's Community Center