From Palo Alto Wiki
Anyone who is maintaining this site on a regular basis should read the following:
1. Protected Pages
- Any main pages (Main Page, History Main Page, etc.) must be protected. This is to prevent vandalism. (The "protect" tab appears at the top of any page.)
- All images and templates that appear on protected pages must be protected as well!
- The following pages are also protected:
2. Items that require updating periodically
- Template:Featured Page - Featured Page on Main Page
- Template:history and Template:history1 - these two must be updated at the same time. The former appears on the Main Page and the latter on the History Main Page. There are two templates due to image placement and differing footers. One requires the image to be on the left side, the other on the right. Also, the one on the main page has a footer template; the other does not. Take note.
- Template:picture - Featured Picture on Main Page
- "Recently featured" items - these appear under the Featured Page item on the Main Page as well as the History Bites item on the Main Page and History Main Page.
- Site Map - This needs to be updated every time there is a change in the main structure of Palo Alto Wiki.
3. Important Pages
- User talk:Pawiki - The Pawiki talk page can be used by users to ask questions and leave reports on vandalism. All questions should be related to the technical and functional aspect of the wiki. Refer all users who ask about actually using the wiki to the Help Desk, unless the question can be answered easily.
- Palo Alto Wiki:Help Desk - Users can ask about how to use the wiki here, e.g. "How do I log in?". Administrators as well as other users can answer any questions posted.
4. Pages That Need Work
- Help: Account Settings and Maintenance - This page has not been created yet.
- Help: Keeping track of changes - This page has not been created yet.
5. Other notes
- If you ever want to put any bullet points on the Main Page, use the template Template:*mp.